Local News

Man suffers severe burns in Johnston County meth lab explosion

Posted December 17, 2014
Updated December 18, 2014

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A 22-year-old man was airlifted to the N.C. Jaycee Burn Center Wednesday night after an explosion in a mobile home on Bizzell Grove Church Road, located between Pine Level and Princeton, authorities said.

A preliminary investigation indicates the home was a meth lab, investigators said.

The man, whose name has not been released, suffered burns to at least 30 percent of his body, authorities said. The victim has two children, but they were not at the home at the time of the explosion.

The incident was the county's third meth lab discovery of the day, sixth since Friday and 40th of the year, investigators added.

Two people were arrested Wednesday at a meth lab on the 100 block of Duchess Drive. Three others were arrested earlier Wednesday at a home on Ennis Road near Willow Springs.

16 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Stranger Dec 18, 2014

    So sad for those children. My kids go to school with this man's children...so glad they weren't there at the time. I didn't know them or their dad...don't care what happens to him, but it is very sad for his children.

  • sinenomine Dec 18, 2014

    My reaction regarding this meth chef cooking himself is a hearty "who cares?"

  • ok_then Dec 18, 2014

    JIMCRICKET15 DEC 18, 10:53 A.M.
    And we will get to pay for his medical care. So far as I am concerned he should have been left right where they found him.

    .. I would be good with that too..

  • Sara Hauser Dec 18, 2014
    user avatar

    and the rest of us have to sign our life away just to get sinus medicine with pseudoephedrine in it for a legitimate reason-yes folks!! Some of us really do use it for our sinuses!!

  • jimcricket15 Dec 18, 2014

    And we will get to pay for his medical care. So far as I am concerned he should have been left right where they found him.

  • rickandlinda88 Dec 18, 2014

    glad the children were not there..hope this dummy learns something..cooking meth.is dangerous and against the law.!!!!.."stupid is as stupid does"

  • Obama-in-2016 Dec 18, 2014

    I could see a workers comp claim coming.

  • mramorak Dec 18, 2014

    All the freedoms and no responsibility or common sense.

  • Chad Johnson Dec 18, 2014
    user avatar

    JoCo keeping it classy

  • dallen1211949 Dec 18, 2014

    These people that continue to expose small children and unsepecting emergency personal to these hazard should be put away for a very long time

More...