Local News

Man Suffers Serious Burns in Apartment Fire

Posted January 18, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A local man was hospitalized Friday morning after an apartment fire left him with burns over half of his body, authorities said.

The fire broke out after 8:30 a.m. in an apartment on Ashe Avenue, authorities said. When firefighters arrived, they found a mattress had caught fire inside the apartment.

The man, whose name wasn't released, was taken to WakeMed for transfer to the Jaycees Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, authorities said.

The apartment sustained minor damage from the fire, authorities said.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all