Man sought in fatal Raleigh shooting
Posted June 14, 2008
Updated June 16, 2008
Raleigh, N.C. — A 36-year-old man died after being shot in southeast Raleigh early Saturday morning, police said. Authorities are searching for a man they charged with the murder.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 500 block of Peyton Street, off Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, shortly after 2 a.m.
They found the victim, Miguel Najara Martinez, along Peyton Street, near Dacian Road. Police said Martinez had been shot. He was taken to WakeMed, where he died.
Police obtained a warrant charging Erick Robles Mendoza, 28, with murder in connection with the shooting.
Mendoza is about 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs about 160 pounds.
A brown 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Mendoza was seen driving was located in Raleigh over the weekend.
Anyone with information concerning Mendoza’s whereabouts or with other information related to the case is asked to call Raleigh police detectives at 919-890-3555 or Crime Stoppers at 919-226-CRIME.