Local News

Man severely burned in Fayetteville fire dies

Posted March 31, 2009
Updated April 1, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A Fayetteville man who was badly burned in a house fire last week has died, authorities said.

Kenneth Pratt suffered third-degree burns over 50 percent of his body when his duplex off Murchison Road caught fire March 22. He died Tuesday at the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, authorities said.

Pratt's 3-year-old daughter, Nevaeh, died in the fire.

Commander Ron Lewis of the Fayetteville Fire Department said a smoke detector in the duplex had no batteries. State law requires that rental properties have working smoke alarms.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all