Local News

Man jumps through window to escape Raleigh house fire

Posted February 9, 2014

Raleigh firefighters were called out to 605 Hartford Rd. Sunday morning for a house fire. (WRAL/Jamie Munden)

— A Raleigh man suffered minor injuries Sunday morning after jumping through a window to escape a house fire.

Firefighters were called to 605 Hartford Road around 6:15 a.m. after the blaze broke out in the kitchen. Smoke and fire were coming from the rear of the home when firefighters arrived.

Authorities said the fire, which destroyed the home, was caused by unattended cooking.

Three people lived in the house, but the injured man was the only one home at the time.

The fire was brought under control in 20 minutes.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all