Man Injured in Durham Drive-by Shooting
Posted July 18, 2007
Durham, N.C. — A 20-year-old man was injured in a drive-by shooting in the Durham Tuesday afternoon.
The shooting occurred shortly before 3:30 pm in the Cornwallis neighborhood, where a 15-year-old boy was killed in another drive-by last month.
Occupants of a burgandy, newer-model Nissan Altima fired shots while driving along the 2500 block of South Roxboro Street, said police.
The victim was taken shot in the legs and buttocks, police said. He was taken to Duke Medical Center with nonlife-threatening injuries.
The car was last seen going down Cornwallis Road to University Drive.
Police said they don't have any suspect description and don't know how many people were in the car.
Quincy Bowens, 15, was killed while trying to protect his two-year-old niece during a drive-by shooting on June 25. The two shootings occurred only one block away from each other.