Man held on $4 million bond following Durham home invasion
Posted April 14, 2016
Durham, N.C. — A Durham man is facing multiple charges after fleeing the scene of a home invasion and shooting Wednesday.
Durham police said they responded to a home invasion in the 900 block of Massey Avenue and found a man with multiple gunshot wounds. The man, who has not been identified, was taken to a local hospital, where he was in stable condition.
Police said a man, later identified at Okeith Taylor, forced his way into the residence with a gun and fled the area in a white vehicle following the incident.
Taylor was apprehended when Durham police received a report that he had been dropped off at a local hospital with non-life threatening gunshot wounds, authorities said.
Taylor, 31, is charged with assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, first-degree kidnapping, attempted robbery, possession of a firearm by a felon, felonious breaking and entering, three counts of second-degree kidnapping and assault on a female.
Taylor was being held at the Durham County jail under $4 million Thursday evening.