Local News

Man Falls Through Roof in Apex

Posted February 28, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A man was injured early Thursday after falling through the roof of his mobile home at 22 Mockingbird Lane.

The man, whose name was not released, took his mother out of the home after it caught on fire. He apparently thought there was a fire in the chimney.

He went on top of the roof to check things out and fell through. He was taken to a hospital and later taken to the Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals.

4 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • ptahandatum Feb 28, 2008

    Zeus tried to stop him, but he persisted. You just can't help some people at all.

  • bbad238 Feb 28, 2008

    Talk about a bad day!

  • OnDaRoof Feb 28, 2008

    That's why you call the fire department when you think you have a fire in your home!!!

  • Gnathostomata Feb 28, 2008

    "...took his mother out of the home after it caught on fire."

    Evidently, he went onto the roof while the home was still on fire to check the chimney. Hope he is okay.