Local News

Man dies in Rocky Mount house fire

Posted November 23, 2011

— An 81-year-old man died Wednesday in a house fire in Rocky Mount, police said. 

Police said Charles Clarence Odom was unable to get out of the house at 1225 Gay St. when it caught fire. His wife and two adult sons were able to escape unharmed. 

The blaze appeared to have originated in the kitchen.

Authorities said the cause of the fire and death do not appear to be suspicious.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • LovemyPirates Nov 24, 2011

    He was a devote Christian who ministered to men in prison, quick to love others and kind. Rest in Peace Uncle Clarence.

  • dwr1964 Nov 24, 2011

    On the eve of Thanksgiving, this has to be the worst time this familly has ever had. It is hard to be thankful when you just lost someone you love. My prayers are with you Odom family. There are no good words really to say, except, trust in God.