Local News

Man burned in Raleigh house fire dies

Posted February 21, 2009
Updated February 22, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A Raleigh man died Saturday after being burned during a house fire on Millbank Street, fire officials said.

Elvis Pulley, who was in his mid 50s, was trying to fill a kerosene heater at his home with gasoline when the gas ignited Friday morning. Pulley escaped from the single-family home but was burned on more than half his body.

Pulley died Saturday morning at the North Carolina Jaycees Burn Center at UNC Hospital, officials said.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all