National News

Man allegedly overdoses in restaurant

Posted July 6

— A man found passed out in a local restaurant is facing drug charges after methamphetamine was allegedly found in his possession.

The incident occurred at the McDonald's on Salem Road. At about 1:40 p.m. on June 27, a Newton County Sheriff's deputy was dispatched to the restaurant in reference to an overdose call.

When the deputy arrived, he found a male sitting at a table unconscious, with a syringe sitting in his lap. EMS was called to check the man at the scene. After waking him up, the man was identified as Joshua McMillan, 28, of Covington.

During a search of McMillan, suspected methamphetamine was found, along with the syringe. EMS determined that McMillan was okay to be transported to the Newton County Detention Center.

McMillan was arrested and charged with possession of methamphetamine, possession of drug related objects, and loitering and prowling.

1 Comment

Please with your account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Linda Tally Jul 7, 3:26 a.m.
    user avatar

    Loitering makes sense, the drug charges make sense... prowling not so much.