Man acquitted in fatal Durham Freeway shooting
Posted September 26, 2012
Durham, N.C. — A jury on Wednesday acquitted a Durham man in a fatal drive-by shooting on the Durham Freeway last year, his attorney said.
Jurors found Terry Percell Green, 23, of 1835 Cheek Road, not guilty of first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and 10 counts of discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle, defense attorney Scott Holmes.
Demario Eugene Carr, 26, of Davinci Street, was shot in the head while riding in a northbound car on N.C. Highway 147 near North Roxboro Street on March 19, 2011.
Police said another vehicle pulled alongside the car, and someone in the second vehicle opened fire.
The driver of the vehicle Carr was in then drove to Durham police headquarters, and an ambulance took Carr to Duke University Hospital, where he died two days later.
Police issued a warrant for Green's arrest two weeks after the shooting, and he surrendered in May 2011. A second man, James Eric Downey, 25, of Marne Avenue, was charged with murder in the case last September.