Local News

Man, 28, injured in Raleigh shooting

Posted March 1, 2013

— A 28-year-old man was shot Friday morning in the 300 block of North Fisher Street, Raleigh police said. 

Officers responding to the area about 5:15 a.m. found the man with a gunshot wound to the back. His name has not been released, and he was taken to WakeMed. 

Police have not made any arrests and were working to confirm how many suspects were involved in the incident, spokesman Jim Sughrue said. 

No other information about the shooting was released.

5 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • MSCOURTNEY Mar 1, 3:46 p.m.

    This is a bit too much as the matter of fact of it was a bit too much last week, last year and the years before. Something has to be done about this and I mean quick. This is a definitely a trending headline.

  • Vincent Vega Mar 1, 2:08 p.m.

    Phyxius1, it,s called black on black crime.At this point it doesn't really matter where it happens, and your beloved Durham gets plenty.

  • emprezzinez Mar 1, 12:34 p.m.

    I don't think there is a surge in the crime Phyxius1. I know for a fact that more crime was committed that was not reported by any news source in the past year. The attention is being focused now. I don't like it. Clean the areas up.

  • Sweetgrl3 Mar 1, 10:12 a.m.

    Same location that has been in the news all week.

  • Phyxius1 Mar 1, 9:57 a.m.

    And another shooting in Raleigh. Almost a daily headline now and expected. Whats with the surge in violent crime in Raleigh lately? Durham is definitely falling behind this yr over Raleigh.