Raleigh, N.C. — In celebration of Downtown Raleigh Restaurant Week, WRAL-TV will feature a participating restaurant every morning on their newscast.
This morning's guest is Chef David Mitchell of the Busy Bee Cafe. This week they're offering a $30 three-course dinner menu with a $10 beer pairing option. Menu choices include three cheese ravioli and a grilled local vegetable salad.
Mitchell says the restaurant strives to stay true to its historical roots and create a fun, inviting atmosphere for all guests.
Mitchell shared the recipe for his Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Stuffed Peach and Pomegranate Reduction with us:
- Marinate in 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- Grill to order, 5 minutes per side for medium rare
- Cut peach in half and scoop out center pit
- Season with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon butter
- Bake at 350 for 5 min or until peach is soft
- Stuff with 1.5 oz of blue cheese
- Continue to bake until blue cheese is melted and brown, about 3 min
- In a warm saute pan add 1 teaspoon of oil
- Add sliced garlic to taste
- Add clean mustard greens and kale, about 1 cup total
- Cook about 2 min, add 2 oz of water or chicken stock
- Add 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 cups of pomegranate juice reduced over medium heat until it equals 2/3 cup
- Add 3 Tablespoon of molasses and mix together