Local companies make BBB's top list for unanswered complaints
Posted February 6, 2014
Raleigh, N.C. — They are local companies you might want to avoid – ones that have a number of unanswered complaints.
The Better Business Bureau recently released the names of the 10 local businesses with the most unanswered complaints last year – all but one which have "F" ratings with the BBB – in eastern North Carolina.
The unanswered complaints accounted for nearly 11.5 percent of the 1,047 in the region.
Several of the companies have also been the focus of 5 on Your Side investigations.
No. 5 on the list is a company 5 On Your Side is very familiar with: Carolina Farmhouse Furniture. The company was based in Cary and also operated as Cecil Mack Co.
Even though the BBB says it still gets inquiries about it and has 10 unanswered complaints regarding delivery issues, owner Kelly Utt-Grubbs tells 5 On Your Side that the companies are no longer in business.
Internet provider Broadlink Wireless is No. 4 on the list with 11 unanswered complaints. The BBB says the Pinehurst-based company is "unresponsive" regarding service issues.
Shopper Local is third on the list of unanswered complaints. The Durham-based coupon service has 15 complaints that range from contract issues to services that were paid for but not provided.
Fitness Connection on Six Forks Road in Raleigh is on the list at No. 2 with 19 complaints – many of which involve contract issues, especially cancellations.
And No. 1 on the list is Raleigh Geeks, the recent focus of a 5 On Your Side Investigation. The computer and cellphone repair shop has stores across Wake County and 20 unanswered complaints with the BBB. Many involve issues involving customers whose items were returned unrepaired or not returned at all.
Other companies on the list are:
- Enterprise Leasing Company - Southeast, LLC, an auto leasing company based with 10 unanswered complaints and is the only company on the list with a "C+" rating. Most complaints deal with refund and billing issues.
- All Around Sports, LLC, a sporting goods store based in Morrisville, has nine unanswered complaints dealing with delivery issues, including consumers not receiving merchandise within the time frame they were originally promised. Other complaints concern consumers who received incorrect products and are unable to obtain a refund.
- Crow's Nest Trading Co, a mail-order store in Wilson, has nine unanswered complaints. Some complaints deal with refund and exchange issues, as consumers are returning their items, but not receiving a refund. The company has also been unresponsive towards consumers.
- Uncle Sams Moving Company, LLC, a moving company based in Sanford, has nine unanswered complaints. Complaints often deal with delivery issues, including customers’ items not being delivered in the promised time frame.
- Discount Digital Art, an art supply store based in Raleigh, has eight unanswered complaints. The majority of complaints deal with delivery issues, including consumers not receiving the items they ordered. Other complaints deal with consumers who have not received the personal items they originally sent to the company.