Budding cook Jasmine and Susan Caldwell, founder of Lil' Chef studios in North Hills, share how to make Stained Glass Cookies and Mini Bacon Quiche as part of your holiday culinary fare.
Stained Glass Cookies
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- Betty Crocker® red and green decorating gels
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg and flour until dough forms.
- Roll dough on floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick. Cut with cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Decorate unbaked cookies using gels.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until light golden brown around edges.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet; cool completely, about 20 minutes.
Mini Bacon Quiche
Yield: 4 dozen
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, bacon until crispy.
- Unroll pie crust, and cut small circles. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, chives, bacon and cheeses. Spoon 2 teaspoonfuls over pie crust. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake at 375° for about 15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Go Ask Mom features recipes every Friday. Check WRAL.com's recipe database for more.