Local News

Lightning strike sparks Durham house fire

Posted August 22, 2010
Updated August 23, 2010

— Lightning is to blame for a house fire that displaced a Durham couple from their home Sunday night, fire officials said Monday.

Fire Department Deputy Fire Chief Dan Curia said the lightning struck the attic of a two-story house at 3723 Medford Road around 10:15 p.m.

No one was injured, but the fire caused significant damage, Curia said.

It took 29 firefighters more than three and a half hours to quash the blaze, Curia said.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all