Local News

Lightning sparks Holly Springs fire

Posted July 31, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— An apartment building caught on fire after lightning struck the roof Thursday, Holly Springs Fire Department officials said.

About two dozen apartments in the three-story building, located at 1535 Vine St., were evacuated. The fire was contained to that building.

Officials said lightning struck a vent on the roof of the building and traveled through the event to a third floor apartment and started a fire in the washer/dryer closet.

Crews isolated the fire quickly.

All residents were allowed back in the building around 7 p.m.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • nymetfan91 Aug 1, 2008

    well yea guys its holly springs. not exactly a big town for them to cover

  • k9sandQtrs Aug 1, 2008

    So what is it about THAT particular building that causes it to get struck by lightning so often?!? My husband lived two units down in the same building before we got married and had all of his electronics zapped two years in a row by lightning. Wow. Glad everyone was ok and yes, the HS fire dept is always ready to go do their job.

  • calleesganma Jul 31, 2008

    Way to go Holly Springs Firefighters!!!!
    When you need them they are there, thanks to all the firefighters out there:)