Lightning sparks Holly Springs fire
Posted July 31, 2008
Holly Springs, N.C. — An apartment building caught on fire after lightning struck the roof Thursday, Holly Springs Fire Department officials said.
About two dozen apartments in the three-story building, located at 1535 Vine St., were evacuated. The fire was contained to that building.
Officials said lightning struck a vent on the roof of the building and traveled through the event to a third floor apartment and started a fire in the washer/dryer closet.
Crews isolated the fire quickly.
All residents were allowed back in the building around 7 p.m.