Local News

Lightning sparks attic fire in Durham

Posted July 6, 2015

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Lightning is to blame for a fire that damaged a Durham home Sunday night.

Chris Iannuzzi, deputy chief with the Durham Fire Department, said a bolt of lightning sparked a fire in the attic of 10 Kings Mount Court about 9 p.m. Responding firefighters extinguished the blaze in about 10 minutes, and no one was hurt.

The fire cause moderate structural damage to the attic, and smoke and water damage throughout, Iannuzzi said.

Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all