North Carolina Nooks and Crannies
All summer long, travel with WRAL News as we explore North Carolina's Nooks and Crannies. We'll be exploring some vacation and day trip spots in the Old North State that less well known or simply out of the way and usually out of mind.
If you have a special spot you'd like to see featured, send us an email and we will try to add it to the itinerary.
View Nooks and Crannies in a larger map
- Jockey's Ridge the perfect beach
- Eden drive-in one of last in the nation
- Wanchese Fishing Village's touch-tank draws young visitors
- Person County man building 'Dukes of Hazzard' museum
- Guilford County mill offers trip down memory lane
- Museum celebrates history of Kinston Fire Department
- Hidden garden adds to Pinehurst's charm
- American Tobacco Trail offers 'serene' view of the Triangle
- Secluded fishing spot on Lake Jordan offers 'peaceful' retreat
- Sunset Beach Bridge returns as tourist attraction