North Carolina Nooks and Crannies
All summer long, travel with WRAL News as we explore North Carolina's Nooks and Crannies. We'll be exploring some vacation and day trip spots in the Old North State that less well known or simply out of the way and usually out of mind.
If you have a special spot you'd like to see featured, send us an email and we will try to add it to the itinerary.
View Nooks and Crannies in a larger map
- Camp, hike, swim at Cliffs of Neuse
- Lake Raleigh a pool for pooches
- Swimming holes a simpler way to cool off
- Moravian cookies made by hand in Davidson County
- Former dump now Wake County showpiece
- Walk the trail in tiny Troy
- Take flight with kite festival
- Quilt trails of the Tar River region
- NC mountains feature nature's water slide
- Learn to fish at Jennette's Pier