Posted August 9, 2010
How was your weekend? Did you do anything exciting? Feel free to share.
With my daughter’s wedding coming up in a month we stayed close to home and worked on many arrangements. I joined Cindy, Lauren and friend Tomma Hargraves for a light dinner Friday evening at Village Draft House in Cameron Village. Tomma ordered pickled chips and shared some with us. Very tasty and unusual. I also enjoyed my BL&T with guacamole.
Saturday, after an early morning run I stimulated the economy with the purchase of a new computer to handle some of my music software. On Sunday we all went to church at Cary Presbyterian and met with pastor Dr. Kyle Allen to finalize arrangements for the wedding. Sunday afternoon we celebrated the engagement of long time family friend Jeff Neel to Ginna Clement of Greensboro.
I’ve thought long and hard about The Goofy Joke Contest we ran last week. We’ve got five finalists and I would like your help in picking a winner. Please vote for one of the following. I like them because they’re really goofy in a quick and tidy way.
1. Accountants never die - they just lose their figures!
2. What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic. :-)"
3. A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."
4. Two antennae got married. The ceremony was average but the reception was OUTSTANDING.
5. How do you wake up Lady Gaga? Poke her face!