Holiday Weight Challenge
Posted January 4, 2010
Dozens of you accepted the challenge in November to maintain your normal weight over the holidays. Well. how did you do?
If your weigh-in number this week was within two pounds of your normal weight and you signed up for the challenge then you are eligible for a series of prizes. They include a month's worth of personal training with Tara Wind at Lifetime Fitness, all of my CDs, my book Blue Ridge Reunion and a few other prizes.
We will put all of the eligible names in a hat tomorrow and pick a winner. So if you did well on the weight challenge please let us know.
I didn't do as well as I wanted over the holidays so I'm ready to get back on track with the help of Tara Wind's Top Ten Diet Resolutions for 2010. Here they are:
1. I will let go of all faulty nutritional knowledge learned up until now including but not limited to: carbs will make me fat, fat free and sugar free means I can eat as much as I want. . .
2. I will put down the fork!
I will carefully watch my portions.
3. I will be a more knowledge consumer and will educate myself not only on the nutrition facts panel of nutrition labels but will read the ingredients as well!
4. I will eat real food.
No more meal replacements, fortified, processed foods.
5. I will supplement my diet with a multivitamin and omega 3.
Even if I think I eat healthy.
6. I will be more informed when eating out and know about all the hidden fat and calories in my dish.
7. I will not adhere to any fad diet or quick fix.
8. I will enjoy moderation.
If I want something bad enough I will have it but not make it a habit.
9. I will have more meat free meals.
I don't have to be a vegetarian but will try more meals using beans and maybe even try tofu.
10. I will not skip meals. We all know that is disastrous!