My Favorite Books
Posted April 12, 2007
Before you accuse me of plagiarism I'd like to credit News & Observer Book Review Editor J. Peder Zane for this blog idea: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE BOOKS OF ALL TIME?
Peder has edited a very popular book titled The Top Ten. 125 authors including Stephen King, Tom Wolfe and other heavyweights shared with Peder their favorite books.
Persistence paid off for Peder. He didn’t give up after some of the top authors refused to respond to his survey. He used a little psychology informing the novelists that many of their prominent colleagues had already responded and they shouldn’t be left out.
Okay. Just for the fun of it I have crafted by top ten list of books including those I loved as a child. Please share your favorites.
1. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
2. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
3. The Call of the Wild by Jack London
4. Sacred Journey by Frederick Buechner
5. Just a Country Lawyer by Paul Clancy
6. The Kingdom Within by John Sanford
7. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
8. Ellen Foster by Kaye Gibbons
9. The Wounded Healer by Henri Nouwen
10. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger