Holiday Spirit Top Ten
Posted December 13, 2005
Looking to get into the holiday spirit? Well, here is my top ten Tar Heel travel destinations. You will see some snow. You will also find a warm place by the hearth. You will smell fragrant foods cooking in the kitchen. You will hear the lingering laughter of new friends. You will go back to a simpler time across the Tar Heel landscape. You will tour the countryside but also the heart of the city.
1. Raleigh's Historic Oakwood: romantic Victorian neighborhood.
2. Tryon Palace: beautiful colonial era decorations.
3. Sparta: Christmas trees galore.
4. Pinehurst: charming village with thousands of twinkling lights.
5. Blowing Rock: gorgeous stone architecture takes on special Christmas glow.
6. Manteo: Shallowbag Bay comes alive with holiday lights.
7. Edenton: historic waterfront town is stunningly beautiful
8. Asheville: Biltmore House and Grove Park Inn.
9. Old Salem: Sacred simplicity of Moravians is beautifully preserved.
10. Morganton: Christmas Eve service at Grace Episcopal Church