Ask Dr. Mask
Have a question about a health issue? WRAL's Dr. Allen Mask may have the answer!
Just send your brief question to Dr. Mask. Then click on "Ask Dr. Mask" in our Health section each week to view a video as he tackles the most popular topics. This is not a forum for you to receive personal replies to your specific medical concerns, it's a way for us to provide general information on a variety of health topics of interest to our viewers.
And don't worry, we won't use any names -- all of your information is completely confidential.
Click a health topic to play video.
- Ask Dr. Mask: Norovirus
- Ask Dr. Mask: H1N1 virus
- Ask Dr. Mask: Testing for H1N1
- Ask Dr. Mask: H1N1 flu
- Ask Dr. Mask: Michael Jackson's death
- Ask Dr. Mask: Stroke prevention
- Ask Dr. Mask: Breast cancer
- Ask Dr. Mask: Stroke care
- Ask Dr. Mask: Dermatology
- Ask Dr. Mask: Cardiology Questions (Part 1)
- Ask Dr. Mask: Cardiology Questions (Part 2)
- Ask Dr. Mask: Asthma
- Ask Dr. Mask: Lacerations
- Ask Dr. Mask: Athlete's Foot
- Ask Dr. Mask: Lupus
- Ask Dr. Mask: Healthy Travels
- Ask Dr. Mask: Bell's Palsy
- Ask Dr. Mask: Gum Disease
- Ask Dr. Mask: Sleep Disorders
- Ask Dr. Mask: Norovirus
- Ask Dr. Mask: Acne
- Ask Dr. Mask: Anemia
- Ask Dr. Mask: Cold Medications
- Ask Dr. Mask: Sore Throat
- Ask Dr. Mask: Cold Sores
- Ask Dr. Mask: Heart Disease
- Ask Dr. Mask: High Blood Pressure
- Ask Dr. Mask: Hoarse Throat
- Ask Dr. Mask: Prostate Cancer
- Ask Dr. Mask: Shingles
- Ask Dr. Mask: Weight Loss
- Ask Dr. Mask: Sinusitis
- Ask Dr. Mask: Heel Pain
- Ask Dr. Mask: Head Lice
- Ask Dr. Mask: Vaginitis
- Ask Dr. Mask: Sarcoidosis
- Ask Dr. Mask: Vitamin Supplements
- Ask Dr. Mask: Eating Disorders
- Ask Dr. Mask: Flu Shots
- Ask Dr. Mask: Colon Cleansing
A recent report from the International Agency for Research on Cancer found tanning beds are more dangerous than previously thought.
News of Angelina Jolie's preventative double mastectomy sparked a national discussion about breast cancer and treatment options…
Angelina Jolie dropped a bombshell Tuesday morning, revealing she recently had a double mastectomy to reduce her risk of getting…
Surgery may be necessary when over-the-counter and prescription treatments don't ease allergy suffering.
The Affordable Care Act is bringing about 30 million new patients into the medical system, but it's coming as the nation is poised to…
UNC Children's has been able to reduce cardiac arrest by using a Rapid Response Team approach.
Inflammatory bowel diseases, which are autoimmune disorders that affect diet, limit daily activities and even lead to…
A doctor is sometimes asked whether a patient is mentally and physically fit to carry a gun.
Opening up blocked heart arteries with stents used to be reserved for major medical centers. But recent studies now open the door for…
More and more Americans are using health clinics inside retail stores instead of going to the doctor or emergency room. Companies are…
Many people put up with hip pain because they can't afford time off their feet recovering from hip replacement surgery. However, a…
23 people have been diagnosed with measles in a recent outbreak.
North Carolina is considering and Virginia has a law that requires public schools to stock EpiPens for allergic reactions.
Diabetes is just one of many health concerns with elements unique to women. That's why Kathy Kastan, director of the Women's Health…
The human papillomavirus or HPV vaccine is a three-dose course of shots recommended for teenagers before they become sexually active.…