Quail Ridge Books & Music in Raleigh has some big events planned in the next few weeks. I usually just focus on the programs for kids, but I included a few that might appeal to some of us adults out there too.
Here's what's on tap:
- At 10 a.m. Monday, illustrator Mike Litwin will be the guest at a special preschool storytime. He illustrated two books by Jennifer Fosberry - "My Name is Not Alexander" and "My Name is Not Isabella." For ages 2 to 5. The store has regular preschool storytimes at 10 a.m. Mondays.
- At 2 p.m. March 26, Shelia Moses will visit. She is the author of "Joseph," "Joseph's Grace" and "The Baptism," a 1950s story of a sharecropper family. For ages 12 and up.
- At 7:30 p.m. April 1, WRAL-TV's (and can I say Go Ask Mom's) Amanda Lamb will talk about her new book "Girls Gone Child," which is based on her experience with her own daughters.
- At 3 p.m. April 2, N.C. storyteller Donald Davis will be there with his memoir "Tales from a Free-Range Childhood." The event includes a special family storytime.
- At 5 p.m. April 4, the legendary Marc Brown of Arthur fame will be there with his new book "Arthur Turns Green." It's the first new Arthur book in almost a decade. In the story, Arthur has joined the environmental movement, but sister DW worries that Arthur may be turning too green. For ages 4 and up. This is going to be a big event in my house.
- At 3 p.m. April 9, Alexander McCall Smith will be there with the latest in the #1 Ladies Detective Agency series, "The Saturday Big Tent Wedding Party." (I include this because I really enjoy this series .... for what it's worth.)
- At 4 p.m. April 11, Olympic gold medalist and world champion figure skater Kristi Yamaguchi will visit with her book "Dream Big, Little Pig!" For ages 3 to 7.
- At 7:30 p.m. April 14, Andrea Reusing, chef/owner of the Lantern restaurant in Chapel Hill, will talk about her book "Cooking in the Moment: A Year of Seasonal Recipes." And there will be samples.
- And at 7:30 p.m. April 27, Jennifer Bower will visit with her book "Animal Adventures in North Carolina," which includes information about weekend and day trips that combine attractions that allow viewing, touching and feeding animals.
Quail Ridge is at 3522 Wade Ave. in Raleigh. Check the website for more details about all of these events and books.