A quick note to share that Duke's Teer House in Durham has a variety of classes coming up next month that are perfect for new parents (including, in one case, the new parents of a puppy).
- New Tools for New Dads from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., March 2. New or soon-to-be dads will enjoy talking to other dads about beginning their own routines with a new baby, baby care routines, redeveloping their relationship with mom, balancing work/family. Class is facilitated by Duke pediatricians who are also new dads. New dads are encouraged to bring their baby and their questions, but no moms.
- Puppy Love from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., March 5. Enjoy the stress relief dog ownership can bring by planning ahead. Learn how to find a safe, friendly companion and get tips for surviving the first few weeks.
- Choosing Quality Childcare from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. March 9. Explore options to help you find affordable, safe child care. Facilitated by Child Care Services Associate.
- Back to Work from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 16. Moms will spend time discussing issues that surround transitioning back into the workforce, breastfeeding, balancing work/family, etc. The group's topics will fluctuate to meet the needs of those attending. Moms are encouraged to bring babies, but no dads or toddlers in this group.
- Guardians, Wills, and Trusts for New Parents from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. March 22. Learn how to protect your child's future with important legal documents.
Registration required either online at www.dukehealth.org or call 1-888-ASK-DUKE (1-888-275-3853). Teer House is a comprehensive educational resource within the Department of Clinical Education and Professional Development for Duke University Health System