It always seems so early that now is the time to plan for summer camp. But indeed, February is the time to begin signing your kids up for summer camp.
So with that in mind, we're launching our Go Ask Mom camp database! Here you can search and sort through more than 200 track-out and summer camps across the region. Click here for the list!
And ... from my inbox ... some of the upcoming summer camp registration schedules:
- Registration for Raleigh's summer camps start Tuesday for mail-in and drop-off registration and March 29 for walk-in and online registration. Call 919-996-4800 select option 2 or visit parks.raleighnc.gov.
- Cary's registration starts Feb. 3 for residents and Feb. 17 for non-residents.
- From 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 19, Durham Parks and Recreation will accept applications for its Summer Day Camp Programs. Participants must register in person at the site of their choice. And because of the high demand for summer camp slots at Edison Johnson Recreation Center (EJRC), a lottery will be conducted to distribute camp slots. Lottery forms are available at EJRC (500 W. Murray Avenue), the DPR main office (400 Cleveland Street) and on-line (www.DPRPlayMore.org). Completed forms must be submitted to Edison Johnson or the main office by 8 p.m. Feb. 11. The lottery drawing, which is open to the public, will be held at Edison Johnson at 6 p.m. Feb. 14. For more information about the summer camp lottery, call (919) 560-4270.
- For Marbles Kids Museum camps, registration begins Tuesday for museum members and Feb. 8 for everybody else.
- At the N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences, registration begins Feb. 11 for Friends of the Museum and Feb. 25 for the general public. All registration forms received on or before the first day of registration will be processed on a lottery basis.
- Registration for Museum of Life and Science camps begins Feb. 8 for members and Feb. 22 for the general public.
- Registration for the N.C. Museum of Art begins at 10 a.m. Tuesday for museum members and 10 a.m. Feb. 15 for all others.
- Chapel Hill parks' summer camp registration begins Feb. 7 for Chapel Hill residents, Feb. 14 for Orange County residents and Feb. 21 for everybody else.
- At Morehead Planetarium, registration begins at noon Feb. 7 for members and at noon Feb. 14 for non-members.
- And you've got a bit more time in Wake Forest ... Registration begins April 4.
And while I know there are many camps on the list, there are many more to add. So if you know of a camp that's not on there, please click here to email me and I'll add it. Be sure to put "summer camp" in the subject line and include the name, full address, phone, website, weekly tuition, ages, dates, hours, a description of the program and registration information.