Raleigh offers summer jobs for teens; application period announced
Posted January 24, 2011
Updated February 4, 2011
Raleigh will provide jobs, training and career counseling for 160 teens this summer as part of its annual Summer Youth Employment Program.
The program is open to teens ages 14 to 18 who live in the city of Raleigh. They'll work 20 to 35 hours a week and make $7.25 per hour. It runs from June 13 to Aug. 12.
Youth employees work in city offices, perform light labor or serve as recreation counselors. Local lawyers also volunteer to serve as mentors to summer youth employees through the Lunch-With-A-Lawyer program. Many of the youth employees also attend special life-skill sessions throughout the year.
The interview and application period is March 4 to March 30. Interested teens can go to any of the 10 locations listed below to complete an application and participate in an interview. Interviews will be held and applications taken from (updated to say) 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the dates shown at the following sites:
- Friday, March 4: Millbrook Exchange Park, 1905 Spring Forest Road
- Tuesday, March 8: Biltmore Hills Community Center, 2615 Fitzgerald Drive
- Thursday, March 10: Greystone Recreation Center, 7713-55 Leadmine Road
- Monday, March 14: Green Road Community Center, 4201 Green Road
- Wednesday, March 16: Roberts Park Community Center 1300 East Martin Street
- Friday, March 18: Chavis Community Center 505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- Tuesday, March 22: Tarboro Road Community Center 121 Tarboro Road
- Thursday, March 24: Worthdale Community Center , 1001 Cooper Road
- Monday, March 28: Lions Park Community Center 516 Dennis Avenue
- Wednesday, March 30: Method Pioneer Building 514 Method Road
Teens must provide proof of age and proof of residency in the city of Raleigh during the interview. So be sure they have a clear photocopy of one of the following: a North Carolina driver's license, a North Carolina learner's permit, a military identification photo and a North Carolina identification card with photo.
A photocopier will not be available at the interview site. And a school ID card or temporary driving certificate will not be accepted.
For more information, click here or contact Cathey J. Ector at 919-996-6100 or email@example.com.