Lynda is taking a well-deserved break this week, but she was kind enough to share with us that Brussels sprouts recipe that she mentioned in her post last week.
Lynda found the recipe on Allrecipes.com and shared these tips with me: "I also parboiled them for two minutes before. I roasted them until they were brown. I love using the reviews at the bottom of the recipe."
And I'll just add that this is how we make Brussels sprouts in my family too. They're really delicious especially with a little parmesan cheese sprinkled on top. My five-year-old gobbles them up. We roast a lot of our vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, okra and green beans are all favorites. Just toss in some olive oil, salt and pepper and roast until tender.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts from Allrecipes.com
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
3. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
Lynda will be back next Thursday.