Looks like another major snow storm is in the forecast.
If the computer models don't change, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner says it could come late Monday night into Tuesday and leave us with about as much snow as we got Christmas weekend. We might get some flurries in the next couple of days too, but they won't amount to much.
What all this means (other than traffic hassles, closed schools, shoveling and other winter fun) is another chance for some sledding.
I know of a few very popular (or possible) sledding hills in the region, which I list below. But this is not at all comprehensive. So please share your favorites!
- Bond Park, 801 High House Rd., Cary. This is one of the big ones. Just get there early to get a piece of the snow.
- Dorothea Dix Hospital off Western Boulevard in Raleigh. A long-time favorite for many in Raleigh.
- Fletcher Park, 802 Clay St., Raleigh and also near the intersection of Peace Street and Glenwood Avenue.
- Joyner Park, 701 Harris Rd., Wake Forest. I haven't heard that people sled here. But when I did a review of it the other month, I thought that there were some pretty decent sledding possibilities here.
- Duke Park, 106 W. Knox Street, is a good area (just watch out for the trees). .
- Chapel Hill Community Center, 120 South Estes Dr. in Chapel Hill. There's a nice little hill next to the playground.
Please share your thoughts, favorite hills that I'm sure I have missed in the comments.