Editor's Note: Go Ask Mom bloggers will be featuring holiday recipes all week. Aysu starts us off with a family favorite.
No fuss pumpkin cake is by far one of my favorite recipes during the holidays! It's super easy to make. The kids love it, especially since they're not huge fans of pumpkin pie. It easily serves almost two dozen people and really doesn't take long to make! It's perfect for the busy mom.
The recipe was published by Taste of Home and comes from Nancy Heider in Wisconsin. For frosting, she calls for a blend of canned vanilla frosting and softened cream cheese, but you can substitute canned cream cheese frosting to save on time.
No Fuss Pumpkin Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can of solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 3-ounce package of cream cheese softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cooled cake; store in refrigerator.
Aysu is the busy mom of three girls and assistant news director for WRAL-TV.