Find rubber mat surfacing at these Durham playgrounds
Posted October 26, 2010
Updated October 27, 2010
I posted last week on playgrounds in Raleigh with rubber mat surfaces. These are those soft, rubber surfaces under slides, swings and playsets and are an alternative to sand or mulch.
From what I understand, there are a couple of different kinds of rubber surfaces: Tiles which fit together or rubber that's been poured in place (and it's actually at different depths depending on how high the play equipment is).
This week it's Durham parks. Here's the list:
- Cook Road Park, 602 Cook Rd. Rubber mats are under the play structures. There is wood mulch under the swings.
- Crest Street Park, 2503 Crest St. There is poured in place rubber surfacing here, along with some sand.
- Forest Hills Park, 1639 University Dr. Poured in place rubber surfacing.
- Morreene Road Park, 1102 Morreene Rd. Poured in place rubber surfacing.
- Orchard Park, 1000 S. Duke St. Poured in place rubber surfacing.
- Oval Drive Park, 2200 W. Club Blvd. Poured in place rubber surfacing is near the rockers and climbing wall. The park also has wood mulch.
- Sherwood Park, 2325 Cheek Rd. Poured in place rubber surface.
- Whippoorwill Park, 1632 Rowemont Dr. Poured in place rubber surface.
Stay tuned for more.