Visit Go Ask Mom at North Hills, get some Market Bucks!
Posted September 29, 2010
Updated September 30, 2010
As you know by now, I'll be at North Hills' farmers' market from 8 a.m. to noon on Saturday.
We have all kinds of things planned, but I'm excited to share that I'll have 200 Market Bucks to give away! And the first 20 people who sign up for the Go Ask Mom email newsletter at the event will each get 10 Market Bucks to spend. A market buck equals a dollar so that means you can get $10 worth of fresh veggies, baked goods and other products for free!
I'll also be giving away two family four packs of tickets to the Museum of Life and Sciences' Spooky Saturday event on Oct. 23 in Durham. I'll be giving away one four pack every hour at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. All you need to do to win is be the first person to come up to me each hour and tell me whether you prefer tricks or treats. Limit one four pack per winner.
What else is planned?
- Our friends at Duke Raleigh Hospital's Public Safety Department will be on hand with safety information, games and giveaways to mark Children's Crime Prevention Month. Barring any emergency, the hospital's public safety vehicle will be there for kids to check out.
- The big, colorful blocks made so popular during North Hills' summer kids programs will return for this special event.
- A great variety of farmers and vendors will be out sharing their locally made and grown products. Yum!
- I'll have a drawing for four MVP Club tickets to a 2011 Durham Bulls game. That includes tickets, food, drink and a souvenir to the game.
- And I'll have some giveaways and activities for the kids, along with some snacks and drinks too.
Hope to see you there!