We are going to have all kinds of free fun and activities for kids from 9 a.m .to 1 p.m., including the big foam blocks that North Hills in Raleigh pulls out every weekday morning except Thursday in the spring and summer. Find us in the commons area across from the movie theater.
Here's the full schedule for all of the other activities:
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.: Stroller Strides of Midtown Raleigh will offer a free workout class for moms and their stroller-riding tots. This is a great workout for moms of all ages. Meet in front of the movie theater.
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: The Wake County Sheriff's Office will be making free child IDs all morning. They'll print out laminated cards with your child's photo, fingerprints and more that you can store in your wallet and at home. (Earlier is better for this. These are very popular!).
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.: We'll be collecting new stuffed animals and used children's books and DVDs for The Comfort Project, which distributes them to sick children at local hospitals. Noel Tucker, the local mom and founder, will be with us from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. All morning, we'll also be making cards for the children who receive the items. We'll have the supplies! We just need the artists!
- 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Lil' Chef, the cooking studio for kids and teens at North Hills, will offer a fun and yummy craft for kids.
- 10 a.m. to noon: First-In Fire Company will bring out its fire truck for the kids to explore. They'll bring along some popcorn too.
I hope to see you there! (And mark your calendars for our next event at North Hills: Saturday, Oct. 20).