Geralin Thomas: Clutter-free gift ideas for dad
Posted June 12, 2012
Why not celebrate dear old dad and honor the guy who gave you 23 of your 46 chromosomes?
Here are 23 gift ideas that are almost clutter-free. Note there are no plastic gift cards that, in some cases, become clutter in his wallet. Most of these gifts are services or events/acts that won’t sit around collecting dust or cluttering the garage shelves!
1. Tickets for the whole family to the movies or popcorn and a rented movie
2. Collect a bunch of quotes about dads and present him with a PDF to be saved on his computer
3. Prepay a subscription to an online team of professional organizers
4. A slide show of family photos (on the computer)
5. Put on a family talent show and each child plays “the dad”
6. Prepare his favorite dinner and dessert
7. A car wash including vacuuming
8. Purchase an on-line subscription to a newspaper that he enjoys
9. Coffee from his favorite Joe-to-go place
10. A shredder for his home office/counter top
11. A can of spicy nuts and a pitcher of old-fashioned, fresh-squeezed lemonade
12. Fresh, homemade salsa and chips.
13. Personalized license plate for the car (GR8 DAD)
14. Ice Cream Sundae Party with his favorite ingredients
15. An audio book for the commute to work
16. A bag of homemade trail mix or granola
17. A couple bars of “man soap” for the shower
18. Homemade cookies/brownies/pie/cake
19. Homemade chocolate covered pretzel rods or strawberries
20. Tickets to see his favorite team play in a local arena
21. Organize the garage or trunk of his car for him
22. A subscription to satellite radio
23. A love letter from the family stating the top 23 reason you love him!
Geralin Thomas, a Cary mom of two, is a professional organizer and productivity expert. She owns Metropolitan Organizing and is a regular on A&E's show Hoarders.