UPDATE: Read this post for more Vacation Bible Schools.
The school year is nearly over and that means local churches are gearing up for another summer of Vacation Bible School.
These free or nearly free week-long programs are usually on weekday mornings, though some are offered in the evening. They are typically offered for preschoolers to fifth or sixth graders, though it can vary.
Most require children register and many fill up pretty quickly. So be sure to contact the church before you go to make sure your child has a spot.
Go Ask Mom readers have shared some details about local Vacation Bible Schools with me on Facebook, Twitter and email. Here's what I know about. If you know of more, please share in the comments section below or email me the information and I'll post it.
- Shiloh Baptist Church, Garner, is June 18 to June 22.
- Faith Harvest, Wake Forest, June 25 to June 29.
- Fuquay-Varina Baptist Church, Fuquay-Varina, June 10 to June 14.
- Christ Church United Methodist Church, Clayton. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., June 25 to June 29.
- Benson Memorial United Methodist Church, Benson, June 25- June 29.
- Hillcrest Baptist Church, Raleigh, will have a Children's Summer Club using Vacation Bible School materials. It's 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Wednesdays from May 30 to June 27.
- Elevation United Methodist Church, Benson. June 25 to June 28 in the evening.
- Bunn United Methodist Church, Bunn. 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., July 23 to July 28.
- Western Boulevard Presbyterian Church, Raleigh, 9 a.m. to noon, June 11 to June 15.
- Galatia Baptist Church, Seaboard, N.C., 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., July 8 to July 13.
- Resurrection Lutheran Church, Cary. June 24 to June 29. Program includes activities for ages 3 to sixth grade and kids with special needs. Registration forms are available at the church office.
- Hope Valley Baptist Church, Durham. Vacation Bible School is July 15 to July 20. A VBS Music Camp is July 8 to July 11.
- Soapstone United Methodist Church, Raleigh. The church will have two sessions: 9:15 a.m. to noon for preschool to kindergarten and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for kids in kindergarten to fifth grade. It begins the week of June 24. It's $5 per child.
- Longview Baptist Church, Raleigh. July 22 to July 26.
- Not a traditional VBS, but Crossroads Fellowship in Raleigh will hold a free Bible and sports camp from 9 a.m. to noon, July 16 to July 20.
- Aversboro Road Baptist Church, Garner. 6:15 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., July 22 to July 27.
- Beacon Baptist Church, Raleigh, June 25 to June 29.
- Mount Calvary Baptist Church, Clayton, June 18 to June 21. Information will be posted on the church's website or email them at email@example.com for details.
- Friendship Baptist Church, Raleigh, July 9 to July 13.
- Church of the Holy Cross, Raleigh, July 9 to July 13.
- Lowes Grove Baptist Church, Durham, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., June 10 to June 14.
- Wendell Baptist Church, Wendell, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., June 24 to June 28.