Upscale Resale consignment sale grows, includes more clothing brands, toys
Posted February 12, 2012
Upscale Resale, the Cary consignment sale that features high-end children's clothing, is expanding to offer more brands and toys.
The sale will move this season from a 1,500-square-foot space at the Cary Masonic Lodge to nearly 7,000-square-feet at Waverly Place shopping center, 302 Colonades Way, Suite 201, Cary. The move allows the sale to accept more items and brands that shoppers have asked for, sale owner Toni Carpenter tells me.
The sale now also accepts the following:
- Gap and Gymboree for *boys only.* Must be in excellent condition and less than five years old. Carpenter said there are fewer boutique brands for boys than girls, so this will give moms of boys a bigger selection.
- Ride on Jeeps or cars, such as a John Deere Gator or Barbie Jeep. They must be very clean with a functioning battery and charger.
- Thomas the Train wooden trains and sets only (no plastic), along with Pottery Barn Kids and American Girl toys
- Train tables, dollhouses, kitchen and play tables (wooden sets only, no plastic).
- Nursery and kids decor: Pottery Barn Kids or boutique brands.
- Strollers: Bugaboo, Maclaren, Peg Perego, Bumbleride, Dream Design, Baby Jogger, Inglesina, Rock Star Baby, & i'cco. (Bumbleride Indie strollers will not be accepted because of a recall).
- Radio Flyer wagons and scooters (metal or chrome only, no plastic).
If you have a large ticket item that you would like to consign, you'll need to email a photo to Carpenter before March 1 for approval. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carpenter said she also is getting more and more clothing for tweens and teens with each sale.
Upscale Resale is scheduled March 8 to March 10. Check the website for details. There is still time to register to consign.