There are hundreds and hundreds of camps in the region. You can find many of them in our summer camp and track-out camp database.
There are, however, some major camp providers in our area. Here are the important dates for some of the most popular camps:
- Raleigh Parks and Recreation: Mail-in and drop off registration begins Wednesday, Feb. 1. Reclink and walk-in registration begins March 29.
- Cary Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources: Registration for Cary residents begins Feb. 2. It's Feb. 16 for non-Cary residents.
- Chapel Hill Parks and Recreation: Feb. 6 for Chapel Hill residents; Feb. 13 for Orange County residents; and Feb. 20 for non-residents.
- Durham Parks and Recreation: Registration opens March 24. Durham officials are working on some changes to the registration process. I'll have more on that once it's available.
- Marbles Kids Museum: Registration opens Wednesday, Feb. 1, for members and Feb. 8 for non-members.
- N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences: Registration opens Feb. 6 for Friends of the Museum and Feb. 20 for the general public.
- Museum of Life and Science: Feb. 8 for members, Feb. 22 for the general public.
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center: Feb. 6 for members, Feb. 13 for general public.
- N.C. Museum of History: March 1 for the general public.
- N.C. Museum of Art: Feb. 5 for members, Feb. 26 for non-members.
- YMCA of the Triangle: Check with each location, but the ones that I checked had registration starting March 1 for members and March 15 for non-members.
For information about many more camps in the region, check our database.