Many preschools in the region are planning open houses. I asked for schedules on our Facebook page and I've learned about a few more through email. If you know of others, please include them in the comments below.
Here are the ones that I know about:
- The Children's Place of Macedonia Baptist Church, 7100 Holly Springs Rd., Raleigh has an open house at 10 a.m. Wednesday (Jan. 25) and Thursday.
- Holly Springs Academy, 116 Quantum St., Holly Springs, has an open house from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Thursday. Writes a mom on Facebook: "The center is brand new and the staff are so friendly and happy. My son loves the center."
- Triangle Academy Preschool, 200 Dancers Pointe Lane, Cary, will have open houses at 9:30 a.m. Feb. 2, Feb. 10 and Feb. 15. Writes a Facebook fan: "We are a five star licensed, private child care center that offers half day and full day programs.
- AsheBridge Children's Academy, 109 Ward St., Cary will have an open house at 10 a.m., Feb. 15. Writes the owner: "We also offer tours every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10 a.m. Call to reserve your spot at 919-462-3450. "
- Arts Together in Raleigh has open houses from Jan. 31 to Feb. 2. Tour times are 9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.; 10:15 to 10:45 a.m.; and 11 to 11:30 a.m.
- Temple Beth Or Preschool, 5315 Creedmoor Rd., Raleigh, will host open houses from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Friday, Feb. 3 and Feb. 15. Families are invited to observe classes, meet staff and parents, and even take part in the preschool’s half-hour Shabbat services (Friday and Feb. 3) at 9:30 a.m. (Those attending the service are encouraged to arrive at 9:15 a.m.) Children may participate in a supervised art activity while parents talk to the director and current preschool parents about the five star program. Families of all faiths welcome. Contact Director Jann Goldenthal at 919-781-4895, ext. 4, or at TBOpreschool@tboraleigh.org for more information.
- Hillel Preschool, 7400 Falls of Neuse Rd., Raleigh, will hold an open house at 2 p.m., Sunday.
- Hopekids preschool in Durham and Garner will have open houses at 10 a.m., Wednesday (Jan. 25), Feb. 1, and Feb. 8. Parents can meet in the lobby of each campus.
For more information about preschools in the region, check our preschool database.