This easy pizza-inspired roll-up is a kid-pleaser. Make crunchy vegetables more appealing by selecting colorful varieties like orange and purple cauliflower — and don't forget the dip! Keep them smiling with watermelon cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- 1 8-inch whole wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup cucumber spears
- 1/2 cup cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons low fat creamy dressing, such as ranch
- 1 cup small watermelon pieces
- 6 chocolate wafer cookies
1. Place tortilla on a plate and spread pizza sauce over it. Top with an even layer of spinach and sprinkle cheese on top. Microwave on High until the cheese is just melted, about 45 seconds. Carefully roll the tortilla up. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pieces, if desired. Pack the slices in a medium container.
2. Pack cucumber and cauliflower in another medium container. Nestle a small, dip-size container among the vegetables and add dressing.
3. Pack watermelon in one small container and cookies in another small container.
Susan Caldwell is a Raleigh mom of two and owner of Lil' Chef, a cooking studio for kids and teens in North Hills. Find recipes, including many from Susan, here every Friday.