Sugar plum fairies, sugar plum treats, and now it’s true… sugar plum pops! Have your Lil’ Chef help you in the kitchen this holiday season and create these bright, sweet treats! They are a great gift wrapped in cellophane with a bow, or clustered inside a little sugar plum bouquet – perfect for teachers and neighbors!
- Nonstick vegetable spray or canola oil spray
- 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows
- 20 wooden craft sticks
Topping Suggestions: Assorted sprinkles, color sugars, chocolate chips, coarsely chopped candy canes
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Lightly spray it with oil and then wipe the oil evenly across the paper.
2. Place the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl or double boiler until smooth. Transfer the chocolate to a room temperature bowl.
3. Put each topping ingredient in a separate shallow bowl
4. Stab each marshmallow with a craft stick, securing the marshmallow to the top (pushing the stick in about 1 inch), creating a lollipop. Dip the marshmallow pop until the chocolate and cover it evenly. Dip into various toppings. Repeat.
5. Refrigerate the marshmallow pops until the chocolate has completely hardened, at least 45 minutes.
Susan Caldwell is the mom of two and owner of Lil' Chef, a cooking studio for kids and teens in Raleigh. She usually shares recipes here on Go Ask Mom on most Fridays.
Go to Go Ask Mom's Holiday Page for more holiday recipes, events and activities.