Here's an easy, home cooked meal that you can whip up during the busy holiday season.
Rudolph’s Red Sauce Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups peeled and chopped Italian tomatoes or canned tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ pounds dried fusilli pasta
- ¾ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and stir. Let the tomatoes simmer for 5 minutes, then add the vinegar and salt and pepper. Turn the heat down to low.
2. Fill a large stockpot ½ to ¾ full with water. When the water boils, add a pinch of salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente (tender but firm to the bite).
3. Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, if desired and serve immediately.
4. Serves 6.
Susan is the mom of two and owner of Lil' Chef, a cooking studio for kids and teens in North Hills. Find her here a few times a month. Go Ask Mom offers recipes every Friday.
Go to Go Ask Mom's Holiday Page for more holiday activities, events, recipes and crafts.