I'm excited to announce our second annual Go Ask Mom Made by Mom Gift Guide today!
The guide features a dozen local moms and the products that they've created. You'll find everything from handmade bags and jewelry to barbecue sauce.
Over the next six weeks, on most Mondays and Thursdays, you'll hear more from these moms. Some I featured earlier this year as part of my series of featured moms every Monday. Others are new to the site. We'll wrap it all up in December with a big giveaway where the lucky winner will win something from each of these amazing moms!
In the meantime, I hope you'll take a look at their websites and consider supporting some local moms as you shop for gifts for your friends and family.
A big thank you to the amazing store Epona & Oak, who helped me identify some of our featured moms. The store in Raleigh's City Market, across from Moore Square, features lots of locally made crafts. You'll also find massages, facials and classes. I could spend a lot of time there.
And, in no particular order, here are the moms of this year's Made by Mom Gift Guide!
2. Mary Kruger of Pear, who specializes in headbands, change purses and clutches.
3. Tracy Turney of Redhanded Design, who creates bags and offers sewing classes for kids and adults at her Apex studio.
4. Misty Dupree of DuckyStuff, who makes custom clothing for kids
5. Melinda Hawkins of Little Inspirations, who focuses on awareness and survivor jewelry
6. Becky Wofford-Waehner of Becky Wofford Jewelry, who creates sterling silver jewelry
8. Photographer Shallyse Gastelum of Shadeleaf Studios
9. Bea Lee, whose quilts are award winners.
10. Kristen Sydow of See Sally Skip, who creates retro inspired art.
11. Michelle Lyon of Peculiar Pets, who makes adorable stuffed animals with vintage bedspreads.
12. Kelly Shiley of ScriptureArt, who creates and designs wall decals with Bible verses, chore charts, wall decorations and more.
For last year's guide, which also featured local moms and a dad, click here.