I asked our Go Ask Mom Facebook fans if they knew of any preschools with openings. The answer: Indeed, they do.
More than two dozen people posted about openings at preschools across the region.
My question was prompted by an email from one preschool - First Baptist Weekday Preschool - which has openings. The school is at 99 N. Salisbury St. in downtown Raleigh.
And straight from our Facebook page with just a few minor edits from me. I include websites when the poster included the website in her comment. Most, if not all of these schools, can be easily found in a Google search.
Here they are:
- AsheBridge Children's Academy in Cary has a few openings left for the older ones class through pre-K.
- Transitional Kindergarten at Learn With the Best in Cary is fantastic and has open spots.
- Windborne United Methodist Preschool on Six Forks (right off of 540) in Raleigh has openings in several of their classrooms. Great school with caring teachers!
- Lionsgate Child Development has openings for a half day program for 3-5 year old with a great teacher! This is in Clayton
- St Philip Lutheran in Raleigh across from Ravenscroft has openings! Our first year there and we love it! Very friendly, warm staff!
- Primrose of West Cary also has openings, especially in the 2-3-year-old classes. We have been there since 2008.
- Knightdale Baptist Church Preschool has a few openings - we LOVE them! Very reasonable! knightdalebaptistchurch.org/preschool.aspx
- Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church's Preschool Program (called The Creator's Kids). Has a few openings for the one-year- old to 3-year-olds classes. No openings for four year olds though. Great Preschool. Off 401 Close to Wake Forest/N. Raleigh
- Bridges and Beyond in Wake Forest has openings. They are awesome too! My three-year-old went to Bridges and Beyond for the summer and had so much fun!
- Greenwood Forest Children's Center in Cary has openings in the two-year-old class.
- Asbury Preschool on Creedmoor Road in Raleigh has some openings. We love it there!
- Little Pros Academy on Dunn Road in Raleigh does. They are awesome.
- Pretty sure Trinity Baptist Preschool does! Off Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Great school!
- Learning Together Preschool - 568 E. Lenoir Street - Raleigh
- Storybook Safari in North Raleigh is an amazing school offering both preschool and pre-k classes. I believe they may have a few openings. One of the most affordable schools available. www.storybooksafari.com
- Hayes Barton Baptist Preschool in Raleigh has a couple of openings in threes and fours.
- Millbrook Baptist Preschool has a couple of openings in the twos and threes. Millbrook Baptist will have an open house Monday, Nov. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon with a free music class for new prospective students!
- The Children's Place of Macedonia Baptist Church has openings in part time threes program.
- hopekids preschool at both the Durham and Garner campuses of newhope church have openings in a variety of classes. www.newhopenc.org For Garner contact Denyse Oeltjenbruns at email@example.com or 919.779.6687. For Durham contact Kelli Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.206.HOPE.
- The Growing Place in Garner does. They have an infant class as well. Great program with great teachers
- Cary Presbyterian preschool. We love it there. The young threes have a spot.
- Knowledge Beginnings in Cary has openings for three and four year olds.
- Hocutts Childcare in Zebulon has openings for preschool and of all ages through elementary school.
Preschools typically begin accepting applications for the 2012-13 school year in January to March, though some, obviously, have openings now.
Check our preschool database for more preschools in the region.