This eight-legged cupcake cutie sports a friendly grin for any festive occasion. Licorice pieces help create the lengthy legs and sweet smirk.
Here's how you do it:
1. Cover a cupcake with chocolate icing and sprinkles.
2. Attach sour ball halves to circle mints using icing.
3. Place the eyes and a chocolate-candy nose onto the cupcake.
4. Form a smile with a small piece of red licorice.
5. Use eight long slivers of black licorice for legs and two short slivers for pinchers; cut into points and insert into cupcake.
Susan is a mom of two and owner of Lil' Chef, a cooking studio for kids and teens in North Hills in Raleigh. Find her at North Hills from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday when Lil' Chef will be participating in the center's Halloween event with sugar cookies that kids can decorate. Find recipes on Go Ask Mom every Friday.