The N.C. Museum of Art in Raleigh always offer great and affordable performances for families each year.
They're working to get the entire season on the museum's website so I don't have complete descriptions of all of the shows. But here's the schedule now. Each of the hour-long performances are at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Gems: The World's Wisdom Stories with Doug Berky, Oct. 29. Enjoy stories from around the world told through mime, puppetry, drama, comedy, and music. Performer Doug Berky inspires and educates with classic wise tales.
- Stories in Art: Dutch Folktales with Jukebox Radio. Nov. 12. Dutch folktales come to life through song, dance, and puppetry with children’s performance group Jukebox Radio.
- The Velveteen Rabbit with the Tarradiddle Players, resident touring company of the Children's Theatre of Charlotte. Dec. 3.
- The Rhythm of Drum with The Healing Force. Jan. 7.
- Trickster Tales! with Barefoot Puppet Theatre. Feb. 4.
- American Dreams with Bright Star Touring Theatre. March 3.
Tickets are $5 each. The performances are best for kids ages 5 and up. Kids under 12 must be with an adult. For more about all the kids and family programming at the museum and to buy tickets, click here.
I'm adding this to our list of 2011-12 Children's Series, where you'll find information about live performances for kids around the Triangle.