More details on Go Ask Mom's big event at North Hills Sept. 10!
Posted September 2, 2011
Updated September 12, 2011
Just bear with me over the next week or so because you're going to hear a lot about our big event at the farmers' market at North Hills on Sept. 10.
I wrote about it earlier this week and we have quickly been ironing out the details. We'll be there from 8 a.m. to noon. Here's what we have so far ...
- The Midtown Farmers' Market at North Hills, of course, with their local produce, baked goods, meats and more. North Hills also will be pulling out their large soft blocks for kids to build with and climb on. They are very popular.
- From 8 a.m. to noon, Chess Achieves will be there with its giant chess board. I met with Bill Clausen of Chess Achieves this morning and he told me all about the programs and tournaments that this nonprofit offers kids in the Triangle.
- The always fun Sandbox band fit us into their busy schedule and will be playing kids' favorites and their original songs from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. See the video clip to hear them perform one of their songs. They're a lot of fun for kids and their adults.
- Lil' Chef, which will be celebrating its grand opening at North Hills that very same morning, will have a fun activity outside with us from 9:30 a.m. to noon. Kids can make edible ladybugs with strawberries, grapes and chocolate chips. Inside the new cooking studio for kids and teens, you'll also find cupcakes, face painting and information about all the programs and classes Lil' Chef offers. Stay tuned to more on Lil' Chef here on Go Ask Mom on Monday.
- The Chick-fil-A cow will stop by from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. for pictures, high fives and hugs. And I'm 95 percent sure we'll get an appearance from another favorite local mascot ... just waiting to get the final word on that.
- And Duke Raleigh Hospital, the market's sponsor, will be out there with information. We're excited to be there with our sponsor Duke Medicine.
And there will be more. So stay tuned next week to learn more about Lil' Chef, Chess Achieves and all the other fun we'll have from 8 a.m. to noon Sept. 10 at North Hills. You'll find us on the Commons right next to Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's!
Hope to see you there!