Yukon river salmon with coral red sasmine rice pilaf
Posted September 27, 2011
Yukon River Salmon with Coral Red Jasmine Rice Pilaf
- 4 ea. 4 ounce fillets Yukon River Salmon, boneless and skinless
- Salt to taste
- Frontier Fair Trade Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Alter-Eco Fair Trade Coral Red Jasmine Rice, washed and drained
- 2 tablespoons Canaan Fair Trade Olive Oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley leaves picked
- 5 sprigs mint, leaves picked
- 1 clove nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees
- For the salmon, season the fillets with salt and pepper and place on a greased baking tray. Place the tray in the oven and cook for approximately 25 minutes per inch of thickness.
- For the rice, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauce pan. Add the diced onion and cook over high heat until translucent.
- Add the rice and toss to coat in the oil. Toast the rice over high heat for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly until the rice is fragrant. Add 3 1/2 cups water and season with salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until the rice is fluffy and all of the water is absorbed. Add the picked herbs and fluff the rice with a fork to incorporate and let rest.
- To serve, divide the rice amongst plates and place the salmon fillets on top. Drizzle the plates with a thin stream of olive oil. Grate a few strokes of the nutmeg over the top of the salmon and around the plate. Serve immediately.