Local News

Kitchen fire heavily damages Cary home

Posted May 15, 2011

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A kitchen fire heavily damaged a Cary home Saturday evening, firefighters said.

Flames were pouring from the house at 210 Shotts Court when firefighters arrived around 8:30 p.m.

A man who lives at the home was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters estimated that the fire caused about $70,000 worth of damage the house and its contents. The first floor had significant fire damage, and the second floor sustained heavy smoke damage.

Firefighters said the fire started in the kitchen, but they have not determined its cause. They do not suspect foul play.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all